BBQ at Vikingsholm in Lake Tahoe’s Emerald Bay Resort benefits Sierra State Parks Foundation
August 23, 2018
What’s better than enjoying some barbecue and beverages in one of the most beautiful locations in the world?
Doing it all for a good cause.
The Sierra State Parks Foundation hosts the event Sunday, Aug. 26, from 5-8 p.m.
Proceeds benefit the foundation, which works with California State Park staff to fund projects and initiatives in the Lake Tahoe-Donner California State Parks, according to the foundation’s website.
“Join us for an early evening at Vikingsholm for a picnic style BBQ by Big Blue Q of Tahoe, wine and beer, and a flashback into the days of Emerald Bay Resort, featuring Rosie Smith,” states an event description.
Tickets are $80 ($70 for SSPF members), including the opportunity to drive down into Emerald Bay. Reservations are required.
Recommended Stories For You
Click here for more information.
Trending In: Entertainment
- 9 places to day trip close to South Lake Tahoe
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- After 75 years on Lake Tahoe, historic Thunderbird yacht getting new engines
- ‘Modern Family’ season 9 premiere in South Lake Tahoe airs tonight
- PHOTOS: Recapping day 1 of SnowGlobe 2018 in South Lake Tahoe
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- UPDATE: Douglas County homicides determined not related to El Dorado case
- Sierra Avalanche Center issues backcountry avalanche watch for Lake Tahoe region