Limited edition donut created for Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament
July 13, 2017
With the American Century Championship celebrity golf tournament taking over Tahoe’s South Shore this weekend, one local donut business is taking advantage of the added spotlight by serving up golf-themed treats.
Glazed and Confuzed Tahoe Donut, which delivers donuts for free in the South Shore area, will be selling special donuts named after golf-centric movies through the weekend and possibly into Monday.
One of those limited-offer specials, named the “Happy Gilmore,” was shared on social media Thursday. The raised donut comes covered with vanilla icing, grass green coconut and a graham cracker “sand trap” crust. The tasty looking treat is topped with a lemon filled donut hole meant to resemble a golf ball.
Mara Cavallaro, half of the duo behind Glazed and Confuzed and the main donut creator, will likely come up with several more creatively named donuts — “The CaddyShack” is one that’s being considered — before the weekend starts, said Anthony Cavallaro the other half of the Glazed and Confuzed duo.
“It’s all fun titles or based on movies … a play on words,” Anthony told the Tribune. “That’s kind of the whole fun, creative gist of what we’re doing.”
Customers can order online at http://www.glazedandconfuzedtahoedonut.com. Orders must be made by midnight for next day delivery.
Trending In: Celebrity Golf
- Tahoe Daily Tribune: Measure T in South Lake Tahoe? (opinion)
- Bank drops attempted takeover of Bijou Shopping Center in South Lake Tahoe
- Removal of sign stirs controversy in race for El Dorado County District 5 supervisor
- Incline Village man accused of child abuse turns self in, vows to fight ‘false allegation’
- Mt. Rose Ski opens to season pass-holders today