Drink of the Week: Ace High Saloon & Smokehouse’s Dirty Snowman
November 24, 2017
One of the largest components of Tahoe's nightlife is the mix of countless breweries, bars and restaurants that offer unique drinks difficult to find outside the basin. In our Drink of the Week segment, we'll showcase one type of beer, wine, cocktail — you name it — to try during your stay in the region.
This week's drink is Ace High Saloon & Smokehouse's Dirty Snowman, a spiked hot chocolate that's sure to get you in the mood for winter (and warm you up on the remaining chilly fall days).
The cocktail is made with Three Olives vanilla vodka, Frangelico and — of course — hot cocoa, and is topped with a hefty portion of whipped cream before being sprinkled with a cinnamon-nutmeg mix.
The result? A sweet beverage perfect for relaxing after a day spent hitting the slopes (or the ideal refuge for non-locals who can't stand Tahoe's sub-50 temperatures). Seriously, holding this warm concoction is a great remedy for frostbitten hands.
Hot chocolate lovers won't find the Dirty Snowman overpoweringly alcoholic, but it has just enough punch to help unwind.
Ace High Saloon & Smokehouse is found at 4125 Lake Tahoe Blvd., and is open Sundays through Thursdays 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Fridays and Saturdays 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Learn more about the restaurant online at http://www.acehighsaloon-smokehouse.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Forest Service: Spread the word on Leave No Trace ethics in Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- Nevada Highway Patrol searching for driver in hit-and-run at Crystal Bay
- Lake Tahoe weather: Flood watch, winter weather advisory in effect on South Shore (video)
- LimeBike kicks off 2nd year in South Lake Tahoe with launch party