Drink of the Week: FiftyFifty Brewing Co.’s Storm Chaser
December 21, 2017
One of the largest components of Tahoe's nightlife is the mix of countless breweries, bars and restaurants that offer unique drinks difficult to find outside the basin. In our Drink of the Week segment, we'll showcase one type of beer, wine, cocktail — you name it — to try during your stay in the region.
This week's drink is FiftyFifty Brewing Co.'s Storm Chaser — a slightly orange-flavored lager that settles in at 5.0 percent ABV and 48 IBU.
"The perfect beer for coming off of a long day on the slopes or out in the backcountry," states the drink's flavor profile. "Storm Chaser is light and refreshing, with a light hop flavor and a crisp, clean finish with sweet citrusy notes and hints of tangerine."
Storm Chaser just debuted at the start of this week (Tuesday, Dec. 19), and we expect it'll be a hit.
Easy-drinking and not too hoppy, the beverage is somewhat reminiscent of a Blue Moon — so basic white girls, rejoice! Jokes aside, it's not hard to settle into this brew after spending a day earning your turns or exerting yourself in some other physical activity.
Apart from being on tap at FiftyFifty Brewing Co., Storm Chaser also is sold in four-pack cans — and a portion of proceeds from can sales is donated to nonprofit Protect Our Winters, an organization that unites the outdoor sports community in a charge towards positive climate action (learn more online at http://www.protectourwinters.org).
Recommended Stories For You
FiftyFifty Brewing Co. is found at 11197 Brockway Road, Suite 1, in Truckee. The establishment opens daily at 11 a.m. Learn more on Facebook (@5050Brewing) or at http://www.fiftyfiftybrewing.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- After 75 years on Lake Tahoe, historic Thunderbird yacht getting new engines
- 6 Lake Tahoe-based cruises that offer wine, full bars
- 9 places to day trip close to South Lake Tahoe
- ‘Modern Family’ season 9 premiere in South Lake Tahoe airs tonight
- Psychic medium Rebecca Fearing holds live show at The Loft in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Daily Tribune: Measure T in South Lake Tahoe? (opinion)
- Bank drops attempted takeover of Bijou Shopping Center in South Lake Tahoe
- Removal of sign stirs controversy in race for El Dorado County District 5 supervisor
- Mt. Rose Ski opens to season pass-holders today
- Winter is coming, but what should the Lake Tahoe basin expect?