Drink of the Week: Flight Deck Sports Bar & Grill’s Sliders n Bloody Beer
January 26, 2018
One of the largest components of Tahoe's nightlife is the mix of countless breweries, bars and restaurants that offer unique drinks difficult to find outside the basin. In our Drink of the Week segment, we'll showcase one type of beer, wine, cocktail — you name it — to try during your stay in the region.
This week's drink is Flight Deck Sports Bar & Grill's Sliders n Bloody Beer, which offers a twist on the standard Bloody Mary.
Made with vodka and Bloody Mary mix (pepper, horseradish, celery salt, Campbell's tomato juice and Tabasco sauce), the Sliders n Bloody Beer is topped with a garnish comprised of celery, bacon, pickles — and two mini cheeseburgers.
But what also sets the drink apart is the fact it's accompanied by a snit (a few-ounce beer chaser), which pays homage to the creator's connection to Minnesota — where her boyfriend is from, and where snits are typically served with Bloody Marys and drinks made with whiskey.
In all, the combination of ingredients makes for a complementary experience in which the flavors play off each other and leave the drinker satisfied (not only is the beverage delicious, but it will also likely fill you up for the rest of the day). Those who enjoy spicy Bloody Marys are sure to get a kick out of the Flight Deck's concoction due to the blend of pepper and hot sauce.
Flight Deck Sports Bar & Grill is located inside the Lake Tahoe Airport at 1901 Airport Road in South Lake Tahoe.
Recommended Stories For You
The restaurant is open Fridays 11 a.m. through 10 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m. through 10 p.m., Sundays 9 a.m. through 9 p.m., and Mondays through Thursdays 11 a.m. through 9 p.m.
Learn more online at http://www.flightdeckslt.com, or on Facebook (@flightdeckslt).
Trending In: Entertainment
- Country star Luke Bryan playing 2019 Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series
- Dave Matthews Band 1st confirmed show of 2019 Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series
- 9 places to day trip close to South Lake Tahoe
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- ‘Modern Family’ season 9 premiere in South Lake Tahoe airs tonight
- Winter storm warning remains in effect at Lake Tahoe; 2 more feet of snow possible
- California Highway Patrol: Travel to Lake Tahoe is not recommended
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements in effect (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Winter storm warning extended; more snow likely at Lake Tahoe Sunday