Drink of the Week: Flight Deck Sports Bar & Grill’s Sliders n Bloody Beer
January 26, 2018
One of the largest components of Tahoe's nightlife is the mix of countless breweries, bars and restaurants that offer unique drinks difficult to find outside the basin. In our Drink of the Week segment, we'll showcase one type of beer, wine, cocktail — you name it — to try during your stay in the region.
This week's drink is Flight Deck Sports Bar & Grill's Sliders n Bloody Beer, which offers a twist on the standard Bloody Mary.
Made with vodka and Bloody Mary mix (pepper, horseradish, celery salt, Campbell's tomato juice and Tabasco sauce), the Sliders n Bloody Beer is topped with a garnish comprised of celery, bacon, pickles — and two mini cheeseburgers.
But what also sets the drink apart is the fact it's accompanied by a snit (a few-ounce beer chaser), which pays homage to the creator's connection to Minnesota — where her boyfriend is from, and where snits are typically served with Bloody Marys and drinks made with whiskey.
In all, the combination of ingredients makes for a complementary experience in which the flavors play off each other and leave the drinker satisfied (not only is the beverage delicious, but it will also likely fill you up for the rest of the day). Those who enjoy spicy Bloody Marys are sure to get a kick out of the Flight Deck's concoction due to the blend of pepper and hot sauce.
Flight Deck Sports Bar & Grill is located inside the Lake Tahoe Airport at 1901 Airport Road in South Lake Tahoe.
Recommended Stories For You
The restaurant is open Fridays 11 a.m. through 10 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m. through 10 p.m., Sundays 9 a.m. through 9 p.m., and Mondays through Thursdays 11 a.m. through 9 p.m.
Learn more online at http://www.flightdeckslt.com, or on Facebook (@flightdeckslt).
Trending In: Entertainment
- ‘Modern Family’ season 9 premiere in South Lake Tahoe airs tonight
- Trapped in Tahoe offers immersive puzzles at the South Shore
- 9 places to day trip close to South Lake Tahoe
- After 75 years on Lake Tahoe, historic Thunderbird yacht getting new engines
- Tahoe Rim Trail Association organizing fall color photography hike
- Incline Village man accused of child abuse turns self in, vows to fight ‘false allegation’
- Caltrans to activate new traffic light in South Lake Tahoe Tuesday
- Ribaudo column: On South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T (opinion)
- Bank drops attempted takeover of Bijou Shopping Center in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Daily Tribune: Measure T in South Lake Tahoe? (opinion)