Drink of the Week: Sidellis Lake Tahoe’s Whiskey Barrel Corsetti Stout
February 16, 2018
One of the largest components of Tahoe's nightlife is the mix of countless breweries, bars and restaurants that offer unique drinks difficult to find outside the basin. In our Drink of the Week segment, we'll showcase one type of beer, wine, cocktail — you name it — to try during your stay in the region.
This week's drink is Sidellis Lake Tahoe's Whiskey Barrel Corsetti Stout, a dark and malty beverage aged in Jack Daniel's barrels.
In comparison to other dark beers that are popular during the winter months, the Corsetti Stout is relatively light at 7.5 percent ABV — and the smooth texture complements the oakiness, making it an easy-drinking brew. It's certainly possible you won't be able to stop after just one 11-ounce glass.
As Sidellis staff says, the Corsetti Stout has all the flavor of a typical winter stout with only half the alcohol (the brewery's Sticky Fingers Imperial Stout has an ABV above 10 percent) — and we definitely agree. The barrel-aged beverage is sure to satisfy the taste buds of those who enjoy dark beers or are just beginning to expand their palates.
It would be a challenge to find something wrong with this stout.
Sidellis Lake Tahoe is located at 3350 Sandy Way in South Lake Tahoe and is open Sundays through Thursdays 11:30 a.m. through 9 p.m., and Fridays and Saturdays 11:30 a.m. through 10 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
The brewery and restaurant is family friendly, but patrons must be 21 years of age to consume alcohol. Learn more online at http://www.sidellis.com or on Facebook (@sidellisbrewery).
Trending In: Entertainment
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- 9 places to day trip close to South Lake Tahoe
- Food: Boursin Cheese and Fig Jam Spread (recipe)
- PHOTOS: Recapping day 1 of SnowGlobe 2018 in South Lake Tahoe
- After 75 years on Lake Tahoe, historic Thunderbird yacht getting new engines
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- 2 ½ feet of snow in 2 days at Lake Tahoe ski resorts
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Lake Tahoe weather: Slight chance of flurries Friday; storm possible Sunday
- Reno double homicide similar to Douglas County killings