Drink of the Week: South Lake Brewing Company’s Helles Dee Lager
March 2, 2018
One of the largest components of Tahoe's nightlife is the mix of countless breweries, bars and restaurants that offer unique drinks difficult to find outside the basin. In our Drink of the Week segment, we'll showcase one type of beer, wine, cocktail — you name it — to try during your stay in the region.
This week's drink is South Lake Brewing Company's Helles Dee Lager, a lightly hopped beer named after the German style in which it's created (for a laugh, say the drink name out loud).
This easy-drinking beverage is "brewed with Pilsner and Munich malts," according to SLBC's description, and consists of "notes of fresh bread and lightly toasted Brewers malt, with a clean and crisp finish."
It's no wonder that SLBC thinks the Helles Dee is its "most crushable concoction yet" — at 4.8 percent ABV and 20 IBU, the drink is light enough to introduce your non-beer-drinking friends to the craft, but is still packed with plenty of flavor to be enjoyable for the beer connoisseur.
With this quaffable lager, SLBC once again knocks it out of the park, rounding out its robust selection of IPAs with something on the lighter side.
Head to SLBC, located at 1920 Lake Tahoe Blvd. in South Lake Tahoe, to grab a pint of Helles Dee while it's still on tap. The family-friendly taproom is open Fridays and Saturdays 11 a.m. to midnight, Sundays 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Mondays through Thursdays 2-10 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Learn more about the brewery online at http://www.southlakebeer.com, or on its Facebook page (@southlakebrewingcompany).
Trending In: Entertainment
- Donny and Marie Osmond added to 2018 Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series
- #TahoeSnaps: Is this a Miracle March?
- Spring reading: South Lake Tahoe Library staff provides top picks for the season
- Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters added to 2018 Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series
- ‘Modern Family’ season 9 premiere in South Lake Tahoe airs tonight
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Update: No sign of missing Bear Valley skier
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe