Drink of the Week: Alibi Ale Works’ Denali Pale
February 8, 2018
One of the largest components of Tahoe's nightlife is the mix of countless breweries, bars and restaurants that offer unique drinks difficult to find outside the basin. In our Drink of the Week segment, we'll showcase one type of beer, wine, cocktail — you name it — to try during your stay in the region.
This week's drink is Alibi Ale Works' Denali Pale, an easy-drinking beer that comes in at 4.5 percent ABV and is brewed exclusively with Denali hops.
While this single-hop pale ale is on the lower alcohol end, that doesn't mean it lacks flavor. The beverage is refreshingly tropical with notes of citrus, mango and spice. As Alibi staff likes to say, "It tastes like you're drinking a Mai Tai on a rainy day in front of a bakery" — and they certainly aren't wrong.
Simply put, the Denali Pale is delicious. The fruit flavoring is perfectly complemented by the hops and oats, making it a concoction that's delightful to drink.
The Denali Pale was released at Alibi Ale Works' Incline Village location approximately one week ago, but grab it while you can: The establishment rotates its offerings frequently.
Alibi Ale Works has two basin-based locations, both on Tahoe's North Shore: a brewery and taproom located in Incline Village (204 E. Enterprise St.) and a public house found in Truckee (10069 Bridge St.).
Recommended Stories For You
The taproom is open Mondays through Wednesdays 3-10 p.m., Thursdays 3-11 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays noon through 11 p.m. and Sundays noon through 8 p.m. The public house is open Sundays through Wednesdays noon through 10 p.m., and Thursdays through Saturdays noon through midnight.
Learn more about the brewery online at http://www.alibialeworks.com or on Facebook (@AlibiAleWorks and @AlibiTruckee).
Trending In: Food & Drink
- Ten Crows BBQ restaurant in South Lake Tahoe under new ownership
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe
- Outpost Brewing Co. opens on Lake Tahoe South Shore at Basecamp Hotel
- Taqueria Jalisco reopens in new Tallac Avenue location
- Drink of the Week: Artemis Lakefront Cafe’s Artemis Margarita
- Forest Service: Spread the word on Leave No Trace ethics in Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Study finds bears hibernating less with warmer winters, access to human food (video)