Drink of the Week: Outpost Brewing Co.’s Rowdy Rudy’s IPA
January 18, 2018
One of the largest components of Tahoe's nightlife is the mix of countless breweries, bars and restaurants that offer unique drinks difficult to find outside the basin. In our Drink of the Week segment, we'll showcase one type of beer, wine, cocktail — you name it — to try during your stay in the region.
This week's drink is Outpost Brewing Co.'s Rowdy Rudy's IPA, a hefty and hoppy beer that boasts a 6.6 percent ABV and is named after the bar's resident dog (a German Shepherd mix).
If you haven't heard of Outpost yet, that's because it's relatively new on the scene: The brewery, found at Basecamp Hotel's beer garden on South Shore, hosted its grand opening on Saturday, Jan. 6, and began pouring its own beer shortly prior. (Formerly the location hosted guest handles.)
And the location is off to a good start with its Rowdy Rudy's IPA — fans of hoppy beer will enjoy this drink, which starts off strong and stays consistent throughout.
"A perfect balance of West Coast and Midwest inspiration. Extremely floral with a bitter bite, this beer is brewed with a blend of Cascade, Amarillo, Simcoe and Chinook hops," states the drink description.
Fitting in with the craft beer scene's IPA trend, it's no wonder that Rowdy Rudy's IPA is the most popular beverage on tap at the brewery. Pro tip: Get an order of pretzel bites to accompany the drink — the pair fits together perfectly.
Recommended Stories For You
Outpost Brewing Co. is located inside South Lake Tahoe's Basecamp Hotel, found at 4143 Cedar Ave. The taproom is open daily from 2-10 p.m. (happy hour held 4-6 p.m.) and hosts weekly events including open mic and trivia. Learn more on the establishment's Facebook page (@OutpostBrewingco).
Trending In: Food & Drink
- Ten Crows BBQ restaurant in South Lake Tahoe under new ownership
- Longtime friends open up buzzworthy burger joint in Incline Village
- Mobile bar creates cocktails with ingredients foraged from Tahoe
- Taqueria Jalisco reopens in new Tallac Avenue location
- Drink of the Week: Riva Grill’s Trader Vic’s Mai Tai
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 and Mt Rose Highway still closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Snow or rain? Winter storm could drench Lake Tahoe
- Most chain requirements dropped around Lake Tahoe (updated)