Drink of the Week: Outpost Brewing Co.’s Rowdy Rudy’s IPA
January 18, 2018
One of the largest components of Tahoe's nightlife is the mix of countless breweries, bars and restaurants that offer unique drinks difficult to find outside the basin. In our Drink of the Week segment, we'll showcase one type of beer, wine, cocktail — you name it — to try during your stay in the region.
This week's drink is Outpost Brewing Co.'s Rowdy Rudy's IPA, a hefty and hoppy beer that boasts a 6.6 percent ABV and is named after the bar's resident dog (a German Shepherd mix).
If you haven't heard of Outpost yet, that's because it's relatively new on the scene: The brewery, found at Basecamp Hotel's beer garden on South Shore, hosted its grand opening on Saturday, Jan. 6, and began pouring its own beer shortly prior. (Formerly the location hosted guest handles.)
And the location is off to a good start with its Rowdy Rudy's IPA — fans of hoppy beer will enjoy this drink, which starts off strong and stays consistent throughout.
"A perfect balance of West Coast and Midwest inspiration. Extremely floral with a bitter bite, this beer is brewed with a blend of Cascade, Amarillo, Simcoe and Chinook hops," states the drink description.
Fitting in with the craft beer scene's IPA trend, it's no wonder that Rowdy Rudy's IPA is the most popular beverage on tap at the brewery. Pro tip: Get an order of pretzel bites to accompany the drink — the pair fits together perfectly.
Recommended Stories For You
Outpost Brewing Co. is located inside South Lake Tahoe's Basecamp Hotel, found at 4143 Cedar Ave. The taproom is open daily from 2-10 p.m. (happy hour held 4-6 p.m.) and hosts weekly events including open mic and trivia. Learn more on the establishment's Facebook page (@OutpostBrewingco).
Trending In: Food & Drink
- Ten Crows BBQ restaurant in South Lake Tahoe under new ownership
- Poké, sushi burrito restaurant opens in South Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe’s Cold Water Brewery celebrates one-year anniversary
- A ‘Little Philly’ in Tahoe: Authentic cheesesteak restaurant opens on South Shore
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe
- Contractor damaged land in Emerald Bay; former employee considering lawsuit
- Lake Tahoe love story: Couple who met and reconnected in Tahoe to wed today
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit
- Former Scripps/Howard estate on Lake Tahoe East Shore hits market for $35 million (video)
- Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe start paid parking for special events, holidays