Drink of the Week: South Lake Brewing Co.’s Fog Nozzle IPA
December 8, 2017
One of the largest components of Tahoe's nightlife is the mix of countless breweries, bars and restaurants that offer unique drinks difficult to find outside the basin. In our Drink of the Week segment, we'll showcase one type of beer, wine, cocktail — you name it — to try during your stay in the region.
This week's drink, South Lake Brewing Co.'s brand new Fog Nozzle IPA, is perfect for the season — at 6.8 percent ABV and 35 IBU, the fruity, hop-filled beverage is an ideal refresher for those coming off the mountain.
It's the brewery's "New England-style IPA fermented with an expressive yeast and hopped to the gills with Mosaic, Ekuanot, Simcoe and Azacca hops," according to the drink description, which continues, "Notes of oatmeal with apricot preserves, pineapple, mango orange juice and a hint of coniferous forest make this beer a real treat to quaff."
It is sure to delight your tastebuds (and your mood, as the drink possesses one of the highest alcohol contents found at SLBC).
After one week on tap, the Fog Nozzle is already surpassing the brewery's ultra-popular Angora IPA in terms of sales — so you know it's going to be good.
And as an added bonus, 10 percent of Fog Nozzle proceeds are donated to the Lake Tahoe Fire Academy scholarship fund — and the drink's name itself was provided by a local fireman. Kill two birds with one stone and enjoy a nice brew while supporting a local cause.
Recommended Stories For You
Learn more about SLBC online at http://www.southlakebeer.com, or interact with the brewery on Instagram (@southlakebrewco) and Facebook (@southlakebrewingcompany). The taproom is located at 1920 Lake Tahoe Blvd. and is open Mondays through Thursdays 2-10 p.m., Fridays 2 p.m. through midnight, Saturdays 11 a.m. through midnight and Sundays 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Trending In: Food & Drink
- Ten Crows BBQ restaurant in South Lake Tahoe under new ownership
- Longtime friends open up buzzworthy burger joint in Incline Village
- Made-to-order ice cream sandwich shop The Baked Bear opens in Heavenly Village
- Soup Tahoe: Sprouts Cafe offers vegan chili recipe
- Mobile bar creates cocktails with ingredients foraged from Tahoe
- Winter storm warning remains in effect at Lake Tahoe; 2 more feet of snow possible
- California Highway Patrol: Travel to Lake Tahoe is not recommended
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements in effect (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Winter storm warning extended; more snow likely at Lake Tahoe Sunday