Drink of the Week: Ten Crows BBQ’s Gin Love
February 1, 2018
One of the largest components of Tahoe's nightlife is the mix of countless breweries, bars and restaurants that offer unique drinks difficult to find outside the basin. In our Drink of the Week segment, we'll showcase one type of beer, wine, cocktail — you name it — to try during your stay in the region.
This week's drink is Ten Crows BBQ's Gin Love, which staff calls a "great introduction to gin."
The beverage is made with Hendrick's Gin, green tea-lime vanilla syrup, St. Germain, club soda and is topped with a mint sprig garnish. It's a concoction you won't find anywhere else, as Ten Crows BBQ creates the syrup from a secret recipe produced in-house.
Gin Love's use of St. Germain gives the cocktail a minor floral flavor that is complemented by the fresh mint. According to staff at Ten Crows BBQ, the drink is made with ingredients that "tend to like each other" — and it's apparent at the first sip.
The drink is light enough for casual drinkers (or those new to gin) to enjoy the concoction, but it still has enough of a gin front for regular fans of the spirit to appreciate the taste. Gin Love pairs well with the restaurant's barbecue menu, so don't skimp on the offerings while you're there.
Grab the drink while you can: it may not be retained on Ten Crows BBQ's spring menu (although you can expect a similar gin cocktail to make an appearance).
Recommended Stories For You
Ten Crows BBQ is located at 4011 Lake Tahoe Blvd. in South Lake Tahoe. The restaurant is open daily 7-10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. through 10 p.m.
Trending In: Food & Drink
- Longtime friends open up buzzworthy burger joint in Incline Village
- Ten Crows BBQ restaurant in South Lake Tahoe under new ownership
- A ‘Little Philly’ in Tahoe: Authentic cheesesteak restaurant opens on South Shore
- Après-pedal: Where to go for a post-ride drink at Tahoe-Truckee
- Lake Tahoe’s Sage Room celebrates 70 years of preserving culinary classics
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- Backcountry skier rescued near Mount Tallac after falling over 200 feet (video)
- Realtor group vows to stay involved, looks ‘forward to continued discussion’ following passage of Measure T
- Lake Tahoe weather: Sunny conditions through weekend, snow possible next week
- South Lake Tahoe clerk: No recount request for Measure T