Drink of the Week: The Loft’s Smoretini
November 10, 2017
One of the largest components of Tahoe's nightlife is the mix of countless breweries, bars and restaurants that offer unique drinks difficult to find outside the basin. In our Drink of the Week segment, we'll showcase one type of beer, wine, cocktail — you name it — to try during your stay in the region.
This week's drink is The Loft's Smoretini, a campfire-themed take on the restaurant and lounge's classic martini.
Featuring marshmallow vodka infused in-house and a rim of graham cracker crust and chocolate, the Smoretini also includes Frangelico, whipped cream, a chocolate drizzle and a roasted marshmallow garnish.
For those who are fans of both martinis and s'mores, this drink is for you: It's not overpoweringly sweet, and one can sure taste the alcohol. The Smoretini is essentially a liquid marshmallow with a hit of chocolate that adults are sure to love.
The Smoretini is a new addition to The Loft's cocktail list and is not yet on the menu — but ask for it and staff is prepared to mix it for you.
The Loft is open daily 4 p.m. through 2 a.m., and is located at 1001 Heavenly Village Way. Learn more online at http://www.thelofttahoe.com or call 530-523-8024.
Trending In: Food & Drink
- Ten Crows BBQ restaurant in South Lake Tahoe under new ownership
- Longtime friends open up buzzworthy burger joint in Incline Village
- Made-to-order ice cream sandwich shop The Baked Bear opens in Heavenly Village
- Soup Tahoe: Sprouts Cafe offers vegan chili recipe
- Mobile bar creates cocktails with ingredients foraged from Tahoe
- Winter storm warning remains in effect at Lake Tahoe; 2 more feet of snow possible
- California Highway Patrol: Travel to Lake Tahoe is not recommended
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements in effect (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Winter storm warning extended; more snow likely at Lake Tahoe Sunday