Drink of the Week: Wine tasting at Welcome Home Shoppe
February 23, 2018
One of the largest components of Tahoe's nightlife is the mix of countless breweries, bars and restaurants that offer unique drinks difficult to find outside the basin. In our Drink of the Week segment, we'll showcase one type of beer, wine, cocktail — you name it — to try during your stay in the region.
This week's drink is more of a selection: wine tasting at Welcome Home Shoppe's new location across from Ski Run Marina.
Patrons receive five small pours for $7 at the intimate bar — but the fee is waived with a bottle purchase. The offered selection changes approximately every week and a half, so it's possible to go multiple times and get a different experience with each visit.
Currently, Welcome Home Shoppe is pouring Domaine Laurier Winery's Methode Champenoise Brut, Paraiso Vineyards' Monterey Pinot Noir Rosé, Cass Winery's Paso Robles Rhone Blend, Bella Grace Vineyards' Barbera and Cass Winery's Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon.
The lineup is well-rounded and comprised of wines from small, family-operated vineyards that are hard to find elsewhere. Each has its own unique flavor, but one is hard-pressed to pick a favorite apart from personal preference. In our opinion, each current offering is delicious.
Welcome Home Shoppe's midtown location is found at 3668 Lake Tahoe Blvd., Suite G, in South Lake Tahoe. Tasting hours start daily at 1 p.m., and the retail shop opens at 10 a.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Learn more about the business online at http://www.welcomehomeshoppe.com.
Trending In: Food & Drink
- Ten Crows BBQ restaurant in South Lake Tahoe under new ownership
- Made-to-order ice cream sandwich shop The Baked Bear opens in Heavenly Village
- El Dorado County wins at 2018 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- French-style Mac and cheese in the Sierras
- Poké, sushi burrito restaurant opens in South Lake Tahoe
- Rain, snow in forecast for Lake Tahoe; expect Thanksgiving travel delays in northern Sierra
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Rollover on US 50 near Cave Rock
- 9 Lake Tahoe restaurants serving Thanksgiving Day dinner
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal