Drink of the Week: Wine tasting at Welcome Home Shoppe
February 23, 2018
One of the largest components of Tahoe's nightlife is the mix of countless breweries, bars and restaurants that offer unique drinks difficult to find outside the basin. In our Drink of the Week segment, we'll showcase one type of beer, wine, cocktail — you name it — to try during your stay in the region.
This week's drink is more of a selection: wine tasting at Welcome Home Shoppe's new location across from Ski Run Marina.
Patrons receive five small pours for $7 at the intimate bar — but the fee is waived with a bottle purchase. The offered selection changes approximately every week and a half, so it's possible to go multiple times and get a different experience with each visit.
Currently, Welcome Home Shoppe is pouring Domaine Laurier Winery's Methode Champenoise Brut, Paraiso Vineyards' Monterey Pinot Noir Rosé, Cass Winery's Paso Robles Rhone Blend, Bella Grace Vineyards' Barbera and Cass Winery's Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon.
The lineup is well-rounded and comprised of wines from small, family-operated vineyards that are hard to find elsewhere. Each has its own unique flavor, but one is hard-pressed to pick a favorite apart from personal preference. In our opinion, each current offering is delicious.
Welcome Home Shoppe's midtown location is found at 3668 Lake Tahoe Blvd., Suite G, in South Lake Tahoe. Tasting hours start daily at 1 p.m., and the retail shop opens at 10 a.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Learn more about the business online at http://www.welcomehomeshoppe.com.
Trending In: Food & Drink
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Winter storm could bring 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe during Presidents Day weekend