Drink of the Week: Wine tasting at Welcome Home Shoppe
February 23, 2018
One of the largest components of Tahoe's nightlife is the mix of countless breweries, bars and restaurants that offer unique drinks difficult to find outside the basin. In our Drink of the Week segment, we'll showcase one type of beer, wine, cocktail — you name it — to try during your stay in the region.
This week's drink is more of a selection: wine tasting at Welcome Home Shoppe's new location across from Ski Run Marina.
Patrons receive five small pours for $7 at the intimate bar — but the fee is waived with a bottle purchase. The offered selection changes approximately every week and a half, so it's possible to go multiple times and get a different experience with each visit.
Currently, Welcome Home Shoppe is pouring Domaine Laurier Winery's Methode Champenoise Brut, Paraiso Vineyards' Monterey Pinot Noir Rosé, Cass Winery's Paso Robles Rhone Blend, Bella Grace Vineyards' Barbera and Cass Winery's Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon.
The lineup is well-rounded and comprised of wines from small, family-operated vineyards that are hard to find elsewhere. Each has its own unique flavor, but one is hard-pressed to pick a favorite apart from personal preference. In our opinion, each current offering is delicious.
Welcome Home Shoppe's midtown location is found at 3668 Lake Tahoe Blvd., Suite G, in South Lake Tahoe. Tasting hours start daily at 1 p.m., and the retail shop opens at 10 a.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Learn more about the business online at http://www.welcomehomeshoppe.com.
Trending In: Food & Drink
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado County wins at 2018 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- Food: Refuel after a day on the slopes with lasagna (recipe)
- Freshies Restaurant & Grill celebrates 15 years with heavy heart
- Made-to-order ice cream sandwich shop The Baked Bear opens in Heavenly Village
- #TahoeSnaps: Summer winding down at Lake Tahoe
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Authorities ID man who may have drowned in Lake Tahoe
- Guest column: Cannabis referendum bad for South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Tahoe Chamber hosting forum with El Dorado County supervisor candidates