Drink of the Week: Hard Rock Cafe’s Evil Eye Cocktail
October 27, 2017
One of the largest components of Tahoe's nightlife is the mix of countless breweries, bars and restaurants that offer unique drinks difficult to find outside the basin. In our Drink of the Week segment, we'll showcase one type of beer, wine, cocktail — you name it — to try during your stay in the region.
This week's drink is Hard Rock Cafe's Evil Eye Cocktail, a concoction sure to get you in the Halloween spirit.
Made with Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Bacardi Superior and muddled fall fruits (blueberries and strawberries), the Evil Eye Cocktail is a refreshing drink that strongly resembles a glass of spiked strawberry lemonade.
But that's not all: The cocktail also includes the café's house-made margarita mix, along with pineapple juice and angostura bitters — and it's topped with a blueberry and lychee garnish made to look like an eyeball (perfect for the eeriest day of the year).
According to a press release from Hard Rock Cafe, this "eye-opening cocktail" is "crafted to raise spirits on Halloween."
It's refreshing, it's festive, it's easy-drinking (it's almost easy to miss the taste of alcohol, yet the cocktail is not overbearingly sweet) — it's ideal for this time of year, especially for those who love all things eccentric or supernatural.
Recommended Stories For You
The Evil Eye Cocktail is only available until Wednesday, Nov. 1, so be sure to grab one while you can — you won't regret it.
The drink costs $14.99 and is served in a collectible mason jar (which you get to keep!).
Tip: Hard Rock Cafe also has a "Trick or Heat" burger on its menu for a limited time — play up the whole Halloween theme and treat yourself to both.
Hard Rock Cafe is located on the main casino floor inside Harveys Lake Tahoe, located at 15 U.S. 50 in Stateline. Learn more online at http://www.hardrock.com/cafes/lake-tahoe.
Trending In: Food & Drink
- Ten Crows BBQ restaurant in South Lake Tahoe under new ownership
- Poké, sushi burrito restaurant opens in South Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe’s Cold Water Brewery celebrates one-year anniversary
- Drink of the Week: Riva Grill’s Trader Vic’s Mai Tai
- 9 questions with Chef Justin Kaplan of Cold Water Brewery; he will compete in the Sierra Chef Challenge Saturday
- Contractor damaged land in Emerald Bay; former employee considering lawsuit
- Lime electric scooters pose challenges for South Lake Tahoe law enforcement
- Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe start paid parking for special events, holidays
- Lake Tahoe love story: Couple who met and reconnected in Tahoe wed on North Shore
- Former Scripps/Howard estate on Lake Tahoe East Shore hits market for $35 million (video)