Drink of the Week: Hard Rock Cafe’s Evil Eye Cocktail
October 27, 2017
One of the largest components of Tahoe's nightlife is the mix of countless breweries, bars and restaurants that offer unique drinks difficult to find outside the basin. In our Drink of the Week segment, we'll showcase one type of beer, wine, cocktail — you name it — to try during your stay in the region.
This week's drink is Hard Rock Cafe's Evil Eye Cocktail, a concoction sure to get you in the Halloween spirit.
Made with Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Bacardi Superior and muddled fall fruits (blueberries and strawberries), the Evil Eye Cocktail is a refreshing drink that strongly resembles a glass of spiked strawberry lemonade.
But that's not all: The cocktail also includes the café's house-made margarita mix, along with pineapple juice and angostura bitters — and it's topped with a blueberry and lychee garnish made to look like an eyeball (perfect for the eeriest day of the year).
According to a press release from Hard Rock Cafe, this "eye-opening cocktail" is "crafted to raise spirits on Halloween."
It's refreshing, it's festive, it's easy-drinking (it's almost easy to miss the taste of alcohol, yet the cocktail is not overbearingly sweet) — it's ideal for this time of year, especially for those who love all things eccentric or supernatural.
Recommended Stories For You
The Evil Eye Cocktail is only available until Wednesday, Nov. 1, so be sure to grab one while you can — you won't regret it.
The drink costs $14.99 and is served in a collectible mason jar (which you get to keep!).
Tip: Hard Rock Cafe also has a "Trick or Heat" burger on its menu for a limited time — play up the whole Halloween theme and treat yourself to both.
Hard Rock Cafe is located on the main casino floor inside Harveys Lake Tahoe, located at 15 U.S. 50 in Stateline. Learn more online at http://www.hardrock.com/cafes/lake-tahoe.
Trending In: Food & Drink
- Longtime friends open up buzzworthy burger joint in Incline Village
- Ten Crows BBQ restaurant in South Lake Tahoe under new ownership
- Drink of the Week: South Lake Brewing Company’s Doggie Dayz Experimental IPA
- Mobile bar creates cocktails with ingredients foraged from Tahoe
- Outpost Brewing Co. opens on Lake Tahoe South Shore at Basecamp Hotel
- Winter weather advisory issued for Lake Tahoe
- Memorial services scheduled for Dr. Stephen Bannar
- South Lake Tahoe community mourns the death of Dr. Stephen Bannar
- 6 South Lake Tahoe families searching for homes after unsafe apartment building condemned
- Parents outraged over handling of fire at Sierra House Elementary School