Yummy Fixins: Healthy, fresh teriyaki chicken salad
August 15, 2017
I'm always looking for healthy salad variations for the summertime. This teriyaki chicken salad is quite tasty, easy to put together, and good for you. It's loaded with fresh vegetables and chicken and tossed in a light dressing. The crunchy noodles are totally optional, but they just give the salad a little extra something something. Feeling zesty? Add in avocado or some fresh chopped pineapple. Make sure to marinate chicken before grilling to lock in that yummy teriyaki flavor. Get creative and enjoy!
Teriyaki Chicken Salad
1/2 English cucumber
1 cup sweet mini peppers
Recommended Stories For You
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
1/2 cup roasted macadamia nuts
1/4 cup shaved shallots
1/2 cup La Choy crispy rice noodles
8 oz mixed greens
Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, use a spoon to de-seed, then slice into crescents. Slice mini bell peppers into rounds and cut mandarin oranges in half. Place all fixins on a plate and set aside.
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp lime juice & zest
2 tsp grated ginger
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp orange juice
Place ingredients in a blender or use an immersion blender to emulsify ingredients. Taste and add sugar and more oil as needed.
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
1 cup teriyaki sauce
Place chicken in a Ziploc bag with teriyaki sauce. Refrigerate for 2 to 8 hours. Remove chicken from bag, discarding any remaining marinade. Pre-heat grill. Spray each tender with non-stick spray and grill for 6 to 8 minutes each side or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.
Toss the mixed greens in desired amount of dressing. Layer the salad with fixins. Top with grilled chicken and serve.
Chef Arica Davis is owner/operator of Yummy Fixins, Personal Chef Services and Pasta Parties. Visit http://www.yummyfixins.com to book your next dinner party.
Trending In: Food & Drink
- Ten Crows BBQ restaurant in South Lake Tahoe under new ownership
- Elevation Eats: The Lake House brings ‘confused fine dining’ to Tahoe
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe
- Taqueria Jalisco reopens in new Tallac Avenue location
- Outpost Brewing Co. opens on Lake Tahoe South Shore at Basecamp Hotel
- Forest Service: Spread the word on Leave No Trace ethics in Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- Nevada Highway Patrol searching for driver in hit-and-run at Crystal Bay
- Lake Tahoe weather: Flood watch, winter weather advisory in effect on South Shore (video)
- LimeBike kicks off 2nd year in South Lake Tahoe with launch party