Hot August Nights expands to Ski Run Boulevard in South Lake Tahoe
August 7, 2014
Hot August Nights, a more than weeklong celebration of classic cars in northern Nevada, gets an early start in South Lake Tahoe this week.
The nearly three-decades-old event kicks off in South Lake Tahoe Friday and Saturday before taking over Reno and Sparks Sunday, July 27 through Sunday, Aug. 3.
"The Hot August Nights Tahoe South Event will complement everything Hot August Nights has to offer including Celebrity Show-n-Shines with awards, vendors and great free entertainment," according to organizers. "Car registration is open to all 1976 and older classic cars, pickup size trucks and emergency vehicles."
Events in South Lake Tahoe take place starting at 10 a.m. Friday at Heavenly Village and Ski Run Boulevard with classic car show and shines that last until 7 p.m.
Following judging, an awards presentation will take place at 6 p.m. at the Ski Run Boulevard portion of the event, according to the Hot August Nights schedule.
A cruise around South Shore's casinos and Heavenly Village will take place from 6-8 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
DJ Steve West will perform all day at the Ski Run Boulevard location, while DJ Rich West performs at Heavenly Village from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m..
Funk band Delta Nove taking the Heavenly stage from 5-9 p.m.
Show and shines start up again at both South Shore locations Saturday with celebrity judging taking place from 11 .m. to 2 p.m. and an award ceremony at the Ski Run Boulevard location at 6 p.m.
The cruise around the casinos returns at 6 p.m. Saturday. DJs will perform at both locations all day, with South Lake Tahoe's Sierra Drifters performing at Heavenly Village at 5 p.m.
Car registration for Hot August Nights in South Lake Tahoe is $40. Attending the event is free.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Dave Matthews Band 1st confirmed show of 2019 Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series
- Country star Luke Bryan playing 2019 Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series
- 9 places to day trip close to South Lake Tahoe
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- 6 Lake Tahoe-based cruises that offer wine, full bars
- Winter storm warning remains in effect at Lake Tahoe; 2 more feet of snow possible
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements in effect (updated)
- California Highway Patrol: Travel to Lake Tahoe is not recommended
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Winter storm warning extended; more snow likely at Lake Tahoe Sunday