LDW to perform Talking Heads cover songs, original tunes at Crystal Bay Casino
March 23, 2018
Any diehard Talking Heads fan should be living it up at North Shore's Crystal Bay Casino this weekend, as a tribute to the rock band is scheduled to perform in the venue's Red Room.
Known as LDW, the group takes the stage for a free gig (yes, you read that right) at 10 p.m. on Saturday, March 24. It's a multi-faceted show that not only includes covers, but also brand new LDW material — the band is debuting its first EP ("Movement in a spirited manner Vol. 1") this month.
LDW found success rather quickly: The ensemble officially founded in 2014, but began by recreating Talking Heads shows and grew from there.
"In the summer of 2013 a group of Portland, Oregon musicians got together around the love of Talking Heads music. Especially that of the epic 1984 concert film, 'Stop Making Sense,' which they consider to be the most brilliant concert film of all time. They began to perform with a 7-piece lineup that was inspired by that particular movie and time period," states LDW's online biography.
Crowds returned to see LDW perform, "not only for their exuberant interpretations of the legendary Talking Heads, but also for their original music, improvisation, choreography and the random experiences they deliver at every one of their shows," continues the bio.
Two years down the road, LDW was playing to sold-out venues across the West Coast and began thinking about releasing its own music.
Recommended Stories For You
"For LDW, every performance matters, and it's that mantra that has the band in the studio recording their first vinyl EP, 'Movement in a spirited manner Vol. 1,'" states the bio.
The band's North Shore show is sure to be full of both its own material and hits from Talking Heads.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Country star Luke Bryan playing 2019 Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series
- Dave Matthews Band 1st confirmed show of 2019 Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series
- 9 places to day trip close to South Lake Tahoe
- ‘Modern Family’ season 9 premiere in South Lake Tahoe airs tonight
- After 75 years on Lake Tahoe, historic Thunderbird yacht getting new engines
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Winter storm could bring 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe during Presidents Day weekend