And the winners are…
Recipients of the Soroptimist International of South Lake Tahoe 2002-2003 Community Service Grants.
1. George Whittell High School
$500 grant will support Grad Night 2003.
2. City of South Lake Tahoe Parks & Recreation Department
$2,400 to support a playground equipment project at the Recreation Complex.
3. SISLT Education Committee
$24,400 grant will fund scholarship and achievement awards for local students in middle and high schools and Lake Tahoe Community College.
4. Lake Tahoe Unified School District
$2,200 will fund the Primary Intervention Program for young children at risk for emotional problems.
5. Lake Tahoe Reading Council
$600 will fund “Baby Book Bags” at Barton Memorial Hospital.
6. Special Olympics Team Tahoe
$2,000 will support the “Partners in Development” program which allows local athletes to participate in sports.
7. South Tahoe High School
$2,000 will support Naval Junior ROTC leadership activities.
8. South Tahoe High School
$500 will support the Girls’s Golf Team in competitive venues.
9. Court Appointed Special Advocates El Dorado
$1,500 will provide funds for enrichment activities for children involved in the CASA program.
10. Soroptimist International Sierra Nevada Region
$500 will support the Camp Ronald McDonald Amphitheater Project.
11. Tahoe Arts Project
$1,000 grant will support the Missoula Children’s Theater Artist-in-Residence program.
12. South Lake Tahoe Women’s Center
$5,000 will help fund client needs and the emergency shelter program.
13. Lake Tahoe Unified School District
$4,000 will support an elementary school arts program.
14. High Sierra American Softball Association
$2,000 will provide new equipment for the program.
15. Kingsbury Middle School
$2,500 will support the program of “Technology+Inquiry=Good Science.”
16. Kingsbury Middle School
$500 will support the “Reading Counts Quizzes” program.
17. SISLT International Goodwill and Understanding Committee
$1,500 grant will support the “Building Bridges of Love Across the Oceans” Afghanistan project.
18. Tahoe Valley Elementary School
$400 will support a “Before School Reading Buddy” program.
19. Ordinary People Meeting Extraordinary Needs
$2,000 will aid community members with extraordinary medical needs.
20. Ordinary People Meeting Extraordinary Needs
$400 will support “Great Ideas for Tahoe” program.
21. El Dorado County Public Health Department
$1,000 will support the “Great Beginnings Breast Feeding” program.
22. Nevada Women’s History Project
$500 will support the Sarah Winnemucca Statue Project.
23. Girl Scouts of the Sierra Nevada.
$1,500 will provide financial assistance to the Tahoe Shores Service Unit.
24. Christmas Cheer
$1,100 will be used to purchase food and diapers for inadequately housed children.
25. South Tahoe High School Sober Grad Night Task Force
$1,500 will support the 2003 substance-free graduation celebration.
26. Lake Tahoe Community College
$500 will support a youth scholarship program.
27. Soroptimist International of Tahoe Sierra
$1,000 will support the Summer Reading Program.
28. St. Theresa School
$500 will support curriculum improvement for maps and atlases.
29. St. Theresa School
$500 will support the school’s sports program.
30. Tahoe Youth and Family Services
$6,000 will support the “Social Skills Building Self-Esteem” program.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User