Ash believed to be the cause of Saturday house fire | TahoeDailyTribune.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Ash believed to be the cause of Saturday house fire

Wood ash left on a deck is believed to be the cause of a fire in Pioneer Village Saturday.

South Lake Tahoe firefighters and police responded to reports of a structure fire in the neighborhood about 12: 30 p.m. and found a moderate amount of smoke coming from the left side of a house upon arrival, according to a statement from the city.

“The smoldering embers allowed fire to creep behind the exterior siding and down into the deck structure,” according to the statement.

Firefighters found minimal damage to the building and no interior damage, allowing the residents to remain at the house, according to the statement.

Firefighters were able to leave the scene about 1:30 p.m.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

For tax deductible donations, click here.

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User