Barton team wins at Race for the Cure | TahoeDailyTribune.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Barton team wins at Race for the Cure

For the second consecutive year Team Barton won the category of largest nonprofit team at the Northern Nevada Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation Race for the Cure. The team of 52 members from the Barton Healthcare System was led by captain Alicia Allegrini and raised more than $1,400 for the event.

More than 2,300 people came out to race for the cure in Reno this year and participated in one of the following events: 5-K competitive run, 5-K untimed walk-run or the 1-mile stroll. Survivors were honored with a breakfast and ceremony prior to the race events. The fourth annual Komen Northern Nevada Race for the Cure was one of 112 races nationally.

In 2001 the Northern Nevada Race for the Cure generated over $113,000. 75 percent of the net proceeds stayed in the community, while the other 25 percent helped fund breast cancer research and project grants awarded through the Komen Foundation in Dallas, Texas. By the end of 2002, the Northern Nevada Affiliate will have awarded more than $200,000 in local breast cancer program grants.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User