Burning Christmas tree inside can be dangerous | TahoeDailyTribune.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Burning Christmas tree inside can be dangerous

SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. – The South Lake Tahoe Fire Department is warning residents against burning their Christmas trees indoors.

Dried-out Christmas trees can be an explosive hazard, according to a statement released Tuesday.

Do not try to burn trees in the fireplace, even if it’s chopped into small pieces. Trees left next to the curb on trash pickup days will be removed free of charge by South Tahoe Refuse Company, according to the statement.



Christmas lights should be removed from homes to prevent damage from freezing weather, which could cause short circuits, the statement also warns.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User