Charges reduced to aggravated assault | TahoeDailyTribune.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Charges reduced to aggravated assault

A 19-year-old South Lake Tahoe man found by police nearly beaten to death Feb. 21 was released Tuesday from Washoe Medical Center.

Charged with the crime is a 17-year-old boy from Meyers. At first an officer booked him for attempted murder, but the charge has been lessened to aggravated assault with great bodily injury.

Assistant District Attorney Hans Uthe said the 17-year-old will be treated as an adult. If convicted, he could be sentenced to four years in prison.



The reported assault occurred about 8 p.m. on Sierra Boulevard just south of Armstrong Avenue.

Police allege that the juvenile beat the man after he found him flirting with his girlfriend. A citizen driving past the alleged attack got out of his car and stopped the fight, police said.



The 17-year-old and the 19-year-old had been attending a small party at a Sierra Boulevard residence before the incident occurred.

Investigators arrested the 17-year-old at his Meyers residence Feb. 22 around 4 a.m.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

For tax deductible donations, click here.

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User