Children probably caused fire |

Children probably caused fire

Staff Reports

Children probably playing with matches or fireworks scorched the side of a garage in the Ski Run Boulevard area, police said.

Around 4:30 p.m. Thursday, neighbors and two delivery truck drivers noticed the smoke. Children told police that they noticed some juveniles running away from the structure. The garage was part of a vacation residence on the 3700 block of Aspen Avenue. The fire traveled up the side of the garage and onto the roof before being extinguished.

Police investigators detained some juveniles for questioning shortly after the fire.

Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.