Christmas Cheer collects toys |

Christmas Cheer collects toys

Provided to the Tribune

Share the joy of the holiday season by donating a new, unwrapped toy to Christmas Cheer for a less fortunate child in the community. Toys other than guns are appreciated. Donations may be made at the following locations:

The three South Lake Tahoe Fire Stations, the two Tahoe Valley Fire Stations; The main Tahoe Douglas Fire Station; American Legion Post 795, Moose Lodge, Bank of the West, Marcia Sarosik Dance Studio, Coldwell Banker McKinney & Associates, both Raleys, KRLT Radio, Dr. Tomeska’s office, Kahle Community Center, Colonial Bank on Kingsbury Grade, Charter Communications, Al’s Chevron Way, South Lake Tahoe Chamber of Commerce, AAA office at the Albertson’s/Rite Aid Shopping Center, both Safeway stores, Cancer League See’s Candy Store, Albertson’s, Rite Aid, Sessions Salon, Tahoe Fracture Clinic, The Nail Box, Curves, Heavenly Ski Resort and Tahoe Daily Tribune.

Cash donations also are welcome. Sign-ups for toys will take place at the Christmas Cheer office, 2085 Eloise Ave., through Dec. 15. For more information call Christmas Cheer at (530) 542-4934.

The Christmas Cheer food and toy distribution will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 20 and 21 at South Tahoe Middle School. The Christmas dinner food basket and at least two toys for each child will be given to the families who have signed up with Christmas Cheer. Families with children can expect a turkey and “trimmings. Single individuals, adults only or seniors will all be served with appropriate foods.

If a family is already receiving monthly food, sign-up will be done when they get their December food.

A family or individual not already in Christmas Cheer’s files, will need referral from a Social Service agency such as welfare, any church, South Lake Tahoe Women’s Center or Headstart.

Recipients will need identification for each person, including children, such as Social Security card, medical card, immunization record, birth certificate or school ID. They also will need a written verification of their street address such as a rent receipt or utility bill.

Support Local Journalism

Your support means a better informed community. Donate today.


See more