Comedy at The Improv with Howie Nave: Eddie Ifft, Dana Eagle perform this week at Lake Tahoe |

Comedy at The Improv with Howie Nave: Eddie Ifft, Dana Eagle perform this week at Lake Tahoe

Eddie Ifft, pictured with Howie Nave, performs at The Improv this week.
Provided Photo |

Eddie Ifft

Eddie Ifft returns — and with what timing, as this weekend brings both Groundhog Day and the Super Bowl! No two shows are ever alike with Ifft, and as he’s a relatively new father he has a plethora of new material.

“The Onion” referred to Ifft as one of the most underrated comics in America, and the comedian proudly jokes that his shows are usually sold out around the world. But that’s not “fake” comedy — Ifft is the real deal. One of his DVDs, “Live From Australia,” was filmed in front of a sold-out audience at the Sydney Opera House.

In addition to Australia, Ifft has made appearances in South Africa, New Zealand, China and the United Arab Emirates. His travels were chronicled for the feature length documentary film “America the Punchline.” His additional appearances include Showtime’s “The Green Room with Paul Provenza” and “Tommy Chong Presents Comedy at 420,” E!’s “Chelsea Lately,” NBC’s “Last Comic Standing,” Comedy Central’s “Premium Blend,” BET’s “ComicView,” VH1’s “Never Mind the Buzzcocks” and “Comics Unleashed.”

Ifft has also hosted “Shark Week,” spent a season as the ABC College Football Guy, earned a job on “The Queen Latifah Show,” hosted a pilot called “Strap-On” for Comedy Central and co-hosted a sports radio show on New York’s legendary WNEW. He has worked with some big names in the business, too: Dave Chappelle, Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock and the late Robin Williams.

But that’s not all: Ifft also has a podcast (“Talkin’ Sh*t with Eddie Ifft”). It’s recorded on the Bingle Bus, a small yellow school bus that was converted into a roving studio. It wasn’t a cheap transformation and the comedian used Kickstarter to get over 620 backers who helped bring the project to life. That’s staying power in the business, folks.

Dana Eagle

How can you not like someone who, when asked to describe herself, says, “My name is Dana Eagle and I’m a gay, bipolar Jew with a lazy eye”? Eagle is always a joy to welcome up here. She has a relatively new book called “How to Be Depressed: A Guide.”

The comedian has an offbeat point-of-view and approach to how she deals with life (sometimes medicated): “Studies show that 80 percent of us suffer from depression and that the other 20 percent of you cause it.”

Eagle’s humor definitely hits the right nerves, especially in a country that seems on edge and ready to snap all the time. She has long been ahead of the curve and clicks well with her crowd probably because they feel more normal after hearing her set!

In addition to her stint on “Last Comic Standing,” Eagle has appeared on Byron Allen’s “Comics Unleashed,” “The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson,” Comedy Central and on Showtime. Eagle also shot a pilot for E! and another one for ABC (with Jason Alexander). She was also showcased in HBO’s US Comedy Arts Festival for her solo show, “Stones From Glass Houses” and then followed that up in the series “Mood Disorders: A Light-Hearted Romp Through Crippling Depression.” She also was part of the comedy troupe “Three Hysterical Broads Off Their Medication.”

Speaking of mood swings, Eagle is a quasi Thursday regular on my morning radio show with her segment “Mood Swings with Dana Eagle.” It’s hit and miss and relatively new, but when she does come on the response has been positive. Think of it as therapy over the airwaves.

The Improv at Harveys takes place Wednesdays through Sundays at 9 p.m. Learn more at

Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User