Deputies investigate death at Incline Village home, suspect in custody
January 24, 2018
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Washoe County sheriff’s deputies have taken a suspect into custody while they investigate a suspicious death at Lake Tahoe.
The sheriff’s office says officers found a man dead in Incline Village on Tuesday when they were called to a residence near Southwood and Tahoe boulevards at about 10 a.m.
The suspect identified as 44-year-old Ismael Resendiz-Moreno was detained at the scene. He’s been booked into the Washoe County Jail where he was being held without bail Wednesday on suspicion of battery with a deadly weapon.
It’s not clear if he has a lawyer or will be appointed one at a pending court appearance.
The victim has not been identified. No other details have been released.
Anyone with information is asked to call Secret Witness at 775-322-4900.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Winter storm warning remains in effect at Lake Tahoe; 2 more feet of snow possible
- California Highway Patrol: Travel to Lake Tahoe is not recommended
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements in effect (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Winter storm warning extended; more snow likely at Lake Tahoe Sunday