Fire forces 16 people to evacuate Incline Village vacation home
February 6, 2018
A fire at a vacation rental home in Incline Village forced the evacuation of 16 people, who were staying at the residence, authorities said.
The fire was reported shortly after 5:30 a.m. on Sunday, Feb. 4, in the 500 block of Spencer Way. One adult was treated for a medical issue at the scene and released. Nobody else was injured. At the time of the blaze, there were eight adults and eight children in the home.
"The fire was quickly contained and extinguished and all occupants were able to evacuate safely," the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District said in a Facebook post.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Forest Service: Spread the word on Leave No Trace ethics in Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- Nevada Highway Patrol searching for driver in hit-and-run at Crystal Bay
- Lake Tahoe weather: Flood watch, winter weather advisory in effect on South Shore (video)
- LimeBike kicks off 2nd year in South Lake Tahoe with launch party