Fire forces 16 people to evacuate Incline Village vacation home
February 6, 2018
A fire at a vacation rental home in Incline Village forced the evacuation of 16 people, who were staying at the residence, authorities said.
The fire was reported shortly after 5:30 a.m. on Sunday, Feb. 4, in the 500 block of Spencer Way. One adult was treated for a medical issue at the scene and released. Nobody else was injured. At the time of the blaze, there were eight adults and eight children in the home.
"The fire was quickly contained and extinguished and all occupants were able to evacuate safely," the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District said in a Facebook post.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Winter storm could bring 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe during Presidents Day weekend