Fire shuts down US 395 in the eastern Sierra Nevada
September 5, 2018
BRIDGEPORT, Calif. — A forest fire has forced closure of a stretch of U.S. 395 in the eastern Sierra Nevada.
The California Highway Patrol says the highway will remain closed until 6 a.m. Thursday from the north end of the town of Bridgeport to the south end of Coleville. The CHP says State Route 108 may be closed if the fire continues to move in that direction.
The highway was shut down shortly after the so-called Boot Fire broke out Tuesday afternoon.
The Sierra Front Interagency Dispatch Center says as of Wednesday morning the fire has grown to 2,000 acres, or just over 3 square miles.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Heavy snow causes 2 gas leaks in 24 hours in South Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe man dies in Dayton car crash
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Suspect in Washoe, Douglas killings appears in Reno court on murder charges
- Criminal complaint: Carson City man admits to all four killings
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Winter storm could bring 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe during Presidents Day weekend