Fire shuts down US 395 in the eastern Sierra Nevada
September 5, 2018
BRIDGEPORT, Calif. — A forest fire has forced closure of a stretch of U.S. 395 in the eastern Sierra Nevada.
The California Highway Patrol says the highway will remain closed until 6 a.m. Thursday from the north end of the town of Bridgeport to the south end of Coleville. The CHP says State Route 108 may be closed if the fire continues to move in that direction.
The highway was shut down shortly after the so-called Boot Fire broke out Tuesday afternoon.
The Sierra Front Interagency Dispatch Center says as of Wednesday morning the fire has grown to 2,000 acres, or just over 3 square miles.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Sierra House Elementary School classroom sustains ‘major damage’ in fire
- South Lake Tahoe Police Department IDs detectives in officer-involved shooting
- Missing Alpine County hiker’s body found at base of cliff
- Rain, snow in forecast for Lake Tahoe; expect Thanksgiving travel delays in northern Sierra
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Rollover on US 50 near Cave Rock
- 9 Lake Tahoe restaurants serving Thanksgiving Day dinner
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort changes opening day from Wednesday to Saturday