Injured backcountry skier rescued near Incline Village (video)
March 5, 2018
RENO — Authorities say they used a helicopter to reach an injured backcountry skier near Incline Village east of the Nevada-California border.
The Washoe County Sheriff’s Department says it received a report on Sunday afternoon of an injured male skier in his early 40s on a peak south of Incline Lake.
The Reno Gazette-Journal reports the county’s volunteer HASTY team airlifted the skier to Mt. Rose Highway.
He was then transported to a hospital by the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- South Lake Tahoe Police Department IDs detectives in officer-involved shooting
- Sierra House Elementary School classroom sustains ‘major damage’ in fire
- Crime spree in Nevada preceded motorcycle shootout near South Lake Tahoe
- Rain, snow in forecast for Lake Tahoe; expect Thanksgiving travel delays in northern Sierra
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Rollover on US 50 near Cave Rock
- 9 Lake Tahoe restaurants serving Thanksgiving Day dinner
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal