Injured backcountry skier rescued near Incline Village (video)
March 5, 2018
RENO — Authorities say they used a helicopter to reach an injured backcountry skier near Incline Village east of the Nevada-California border.
The Washoe County Sheriff’s Department says it received a report on Sunday afternoon of an injured male skier in his early 40s on a peak south of Incline Lake.
The Reno Gazette-Journal reports the county’s volunteer HASTY team airlifted the skier to Mt. Rose Highway.
He was then transported to a hospital by the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- UPDATE: Crews find body of missing skier at Heavenly Mountain Resort
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report more than 7 feet of snow following winter storm
- Presidential visits to Lake Tahoe
- Winter storm warning extended; more snow likely at Lake Tahoe Sunday
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements dropped on some area highways (updated)