Injured backcountry skier rescued near Incline Village (video)
March 5, 2018
RENO — Authorities say they used a helicopter to reach an injured backcountry skier near Incline Village east of the Nevada-California border.
The Washoe County Sheriff’s Department says it received a report on Sunday afternoon of an injured male skier in his early 40s on a peak south of Incline Lake.
The Reno Gazette-Journal reports the county’s volunteer HASTY team airlifted the skier to Mt. Rose Highway.
He was then transported to a hospital by the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- #TahoeSnaps: Summer winding down at Lake Tahoe
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Authorities ID man who may have drowned in Lake Tahoe
- Guest column: Cannabis referendum bad for South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Tahoe Chamber hosting forum with El Dorado County supervisor candidates