Injured backcountry skier rescued near Incline Village (video)
March 5, 2018
RENO — Authorities say they used a helicopter to reach an injured backcountry skier near Incline Village east of the Nevada-California border.
The Washoe County Sheriff’s Department says it received a report on Sunday afternoon of an injured male skier in his early 40s on a peak south of Incline Lake.
The Reno Gazette-Journal reports the county’s volunteer HASTY team airlifted the skier to Mt. Rose Highway.
He was then transported to a hospital by the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Attorney: Incline Village man has cooperated with authorities in child abuse investigation (updated)
- Small fire burning on Lake Tahoe East Shore
- South Lake Tahoe police ask for help in identifying driver in hit-and-run
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- South Lake Tahoe man arrested on child pornography charge
- Contractor damaged land in Emerald Bay; former employee considering lawsuit
- Lake Tahoe love story: Couple who met and reconnected in Tahoe to wed today
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit
- Former Scripps/Howard estate on Lake Tahoe East Shore hits market for $35 million (video)
- Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe start paid parking for special events, holidays