Investigators: Murder-suicide ruled in Placerville house fire
April 24, 2014
On March 7, investigators from the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office were called to 1601 Rose Lane in Placerville regarding a death investigation. The initial call came in as a structure fire at the property. Fire personnel located and removed two female decedents from the master bedroom of the residence. It was later discovered that both decedents had gunshot wounds to the head.
After a thorough investigation, Sheriff John D'Agostini's investigations section has determined that homeowner Crystal Ward shot Carolyn Hague in the head and set the house ablaze with the use of flammable liquids, before turning the weapon on herself, committing suicide.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible
- UPDATE: Traffic on US 50 moving once again
- UPDATE: Crystal Bay, Third Creek avalanche alert upgraded to stage 2
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado County: Traffic ‘nudge’ effective in Meyers