UPDATE: Authorities ID victim in Tahoe City shooting
February 16, 2019
UPDATE 10 a.m.
The Placer County Sheriff's Office reported that 33-year-old Octavio Villa Villanueva of Sparks was shot in the Boatworks Mall parking lot and later died.
No information has been released on a suspect as investigations into the incident continue.
ORIGINAL POST: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
Shots were fired in Tahoe City just after 5 p.m. at Boatworks Mall at 760 N. Lake Blvd., according to the North Tahoe Fire Protection District.
According to Placer County Sheriff ‘s Office, the shooting is not an active shooter incident and the scene is now secure.
It is unknown if any injuries were reported.
This story will be updated as more details are made available.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Missing snowboarder found dead at Lake Tahoe ski resort
- Lime plans to return to South Lake Tahoe this summer with e-scooters; company ditching bikes
- Sierra storm could bring up to 1 foot of snow to higher elevations around Lake Tahoe
- Rain, snow expected at Lake Tahoe today; more storms in forecast
- High-tech fight on aquatic invasive plants in Lake Tahoe shows promising results