Truck over side of Kingsbury Grade results in discovery of 2nd wreck
August 15, 2018
State officials worked on Tuesday to fish two pickups from over the side of Kingsbury Grade.
A Chevrolet pickup going too fast for conditions hit the guardrail just before midnight on Sunday on the Valley side of the grade.
The pickup overturned and came to rest in the trees 500 feet below the road.
NHP Trooper Matt McLaughlin said investigators believe the driver was impaired.
On Tuesday, while preparing to remove the pickup, Nevada Department of Transportation workers discovered a second vehicle that landed nearby.
“This vehicle was determined to have been involved in a crash some time ago (not recent, or reported to NHP) and had been abandoned,” McLaughlin said. “The tow company also recovered this vehicle this afternoon.”
Recommended Stories For You
State Transportation spokeswoman Meg Ragonese said state workers are repairing the guardrails.
“Roadway guardrails play an important part in roadway safety, particularly on mountainous roads such as Kingsbury Grade,” she said. “Through the afternoon, NDOT crews have been repairing roadway guardrail damaged in the crash earlier.”
She asked that motorists be careful on the road.
“We remind everyone to drive safely, with no impairments or distractions and with seatbelts on and focus directly on the road ahead.”
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Sierra House Elementary School classroom sustains ‘major damage’ in fire
- Missing Alpine County hiker’s body found at base of cliff
- Crime spree in Nevada preceded motorcycle shootout near South Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe Police Department IDs detectives in officer-involved shooting
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors