Report: Man arrested in connection with Reno double homicide
January 20, 2019
Authorities arrested a man Saturday in connection with a double homicide in southwest Reno, the Reno Gazette Journal reports.
Carson City Sheriff Ken Furlong told the RGJ that a man was in custody and being held on an immigration charge. He was arrested Saturday in a parking lot in Carson City.
The man’s name has not been released, and he has not been named a suspect in the murders, according to the RGJ.
Law enforcement will hold a press conference to provide updates on the investigations at 1 p.m. today.
The victims in all three cases were elderly and considered vulnerable. Also, a firearm was used to kill the victims — a detail the Washoe County Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed Friday.
Recommended Stories For You
The medical examiner also identified the victims in the Reno killings: 81-year-old Gerald David and 80-year-old Sharon David. The two were married.
"We have established one more similarity between the La Guardia Lane investigation and the Douglas County homicides, however, we are still unable to confirm an absolute connection," Washoe County Sheriff Darin Balaam said in a statement. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims. As these cases develop, law enforcement will continue with our regional collaborative effort aimed at increasing the safety of the public while we work toward bringing those responsible for these crimes to justice."
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Winter storm could bring 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe during Presidents Day weekend