Rescuers find downed aircraft in Douglas County near Hobo Hot Springs
February 19, 2018
At least one person is dead as the result of a small plane crash in northern Carson Valley on Monday.
At about 12:20 p.m. deputies and firefighters located the wreckage of a twin engine Piper PA-34 Seneca plane in the Hobo Hot Springs area, located west of Highway 395 and south of Plymouth Drive.
The identification of this person is being withheld pending the confirmation of the identity and notification of their next of kin.
Emergency crews received a report of a smoking aircraft crashing at about 11:30 p.m.
Douglas County sheriff’s deputies and East Fork firefighters searched for about 45 minutes before finding the aircraft.
At last report, the aircraft was on its top and there was no sign of activity from any passengers.
Recommended Stories For You
Emergency responders expect the recovery effort to last for at least the next two hours.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- #TahoeSnaps: Summer winding down at Lake Tahoe
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Authorities ID man who may have drowned in Lake Tahoe
- Guest column: Cannabis referendum bad for South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Tahoe Chamber hosting forum with El Dorado County supervisor candidates