Sierra House Elementary School classroom sustains ‘major damage’ in fire
November 12, 2018
Fire officials are investigating the cause of a small fire that caused major damage to a classroom at Sierra House Elementary School Sunday night.
Lake Valley Fire Protection District initially responded to an activated fire alarm call at 9:35 p.m. Sunday, according to the district.
Crews found smoke in the building but managed to contain the fire to one classroom. It sustained major fire damage.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, which is expected to take several days, according to the district.
Officials have not determined whether classes will be held Tuesday.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Missing Alpine County hiker’s body found at base of cliff
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors
- Law enforcement searching for suspect in Stateline vehicle theft
- South Lake Tahoe Police Department IDs detectives in officer-involved shooting
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- Backcountry skier rescued near Mount Tallac after falling over 200 feet (video)
- Seasonal overnight shelter, the Warm Room, to open in South Lake Tahoe for 2018-19 season
- Chance of rain, snow at Lake Tahoe this week
- South Lake Tahoe clerk: No recount request for Measure T