Sierra House Elementary School classroom sustains ‘major damage’ in fire
November 12, 2018
Fire officials are investigating the cause of a small fire that caused major damage to a classroom at Sierra House Elementary School Sunday night.
Lake Valley Fire Protection District initially responded to an activated fire alarm call at 9:35 p.m. Sunday, according to the district.
Crews found smoke in the building but managed to contain the fire to one classroom. It sustained major fire damage.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, which is expected to take several days, according to the district.
Officials have not determined whether classes will be held Tuesday.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- UPDATE: Crews find body of missing skier at Heavenly Mountain Resort
- Officials: Suspect in Tahoe City homicide committed suicide
- UPDATE: Authorities ID victim in Tahoe City shooting
- Man involved in Lake Tahoe drug ring gets 2-6 years for heroin sales
- Man involved in Lake Tahoe drug ring admits to heroin sales