South Lake Tahoe police arrest suspect in possible child sexual assault
June 20, 2018
Police arrested a license holder for a child care facility in South Lake Tahoe after receiving complaints of an on-going child sexual assault.
Police arrested David Rodriguez-Flores, who is one of the licensees for the Pequenos Rascals Learning Center, earlier today.
According to police, the information that sparked the investigation concerned “an on-going possible child sexual assault” that occurred at the learning center.
“Multiple victims came forward and reported a pattern of abuse dating back at least two years,” police said in a press release.
Law enforcement obtained an arrest warrant and took Rodriquez-Flores into custody without incident. His bail was set at $500,000.
The California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division is working with police, which continues to investigate the case.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Sierra House Elementary School classroom sustains ‘major damage’ in fire
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- South Lake Tahoe Police Department IDs detectives in officer-involved shooting
- Missing Alpine County hiker’s body found at base of cliff
- Crime spree in Nevada preceded motorcycle shootout near South Lake Tahoe
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe