South Lake Tahoe police arrest suspect in possible child sexual assault
June 20, 2018
Police arrested a license holder for a child care facility in South Lake Tahoe after receiving complaints of an on-going child sexual assault.
Police arrested David Rodriguez-Flores, who is one of the licensees for the Pequenos Rascals Learning Center, earlier today.
According to police, the information that sparked the investigation concerned “an on-going possible child sexual assault” that occurred at the learning center.
“Multiple victims came forward and reported a pattern of abuse dating back at least two years,” police said in a press release.
Law enforcement obtained an arrest warrant and took Rodriquez-Flores into custody without incident. His bail was set at $500,000.
The California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division is working with police, which continues to investigate the case.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Winter storm warning remains in effect at Lake Tahoe; 2 more feet of snow possible
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements in effect (updated)
- California Highway Patrol: Travel to Lake Tahoe is not recommended