South Lake Tahoe police arrest suspect in possible child sexual assault
June 20, 2018
Police arrested a license holder for a child care facility in South Lake Tahoe after receiving complaints of an on-going child sexual assault.
Police arrested David Rodriguez-Flores, who is one of the licensees for the Pequenos Rascals Learning Center, earlier today.
According to police, the information that sparked the investigation concerned “an on-going possible child sexual assault” that occurred at the learning center.
“Multiple victims came forward and reported a pattern of abuse dating back at least two years,” police said in a press release.
Law enforcement obtained an arrest warrant and took Rodriquez-Flores into custody without incident. His bail was set at $500,000.
The California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division is working with police, which continues to investigate the case.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Authorities ID man who may have drowned in Lake Tahoe
- Missing hiker found after spending night in Lake Tahoe backcountry
- Two sought in bear spray robbery at Lake Tahoe casino
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Sheriff’s office: Body of missing kayaker recovered from Lake Tahoe near Emerald Bay
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations