South Lake Tahoe police confirm ID of suspect, victim in deadly shooting
July 2, 2018
Authorities have confirmed the identity of the suspect accused of shooting and killing another man following an argument in South Lake Tahoe Saturday.
Roy C. Figaro, a 62-year-old South Lake Tahoe resident, is being held in the El Dorado County jail on a charge of murder. He is accused of shooting and killing 44-year-old Christopher Kitchen, of South Lake Tahoe.
Police responded to a call of shots fired in the 1000 block of Julie Lane near the Y at 5:24 p.m. Saturday. They found Kitchen in the road with life-threatening injuries.
Kitchen was transported to Barton Memorial Hospital, where he ultimately died from his wounds.
After a standoff, police say Figaro surrendered.
An investigation revealed there was an argument between Figaro and Kitchen before shots were fired, according to police.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- South Lake Tahoe police: Known arsonist robbed family member, attempted to start 4 fires
- Smoke from Mariposa County fire continues to fill Tahoe Basin (video)
- South Lake Tahoe police confirm ID of suspect, victim in deadly shooting
- Sacramento man trapped under vehicle after rollover on US 50 near Twin Bridges
- 1 man killed in South Lake Tahoe shooting; suspect in custody after standoff
- Phish fans trash Stateline area during first of 2 shows at Lake Tahoe
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke
- Yosemite wildfire to cause haze, smoke in Lake Tahoe Basin today
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe
- Demonstrators to host march calling for US 50 pedestrian crossing in South Lake Tahoe