Suspect in Washoe, Douglas killings appears in Reno court on murder charges
February 11, 2019
RENO — A 20-year-old immigrant from El Salvador accused of murdering four people in Nevada last month has been transferred to the Washoe County Jail in Reno where prosecutors in two counties plan to try him for all four killings.
Washoe County District Attorney spokeswoman Michelle Bays says Wilber Martinez-Guzman was arraigned Monday during a brief appearance in Reno Justice Court on four counts each of murder with a deadly weapon and burglary with a deadly weapon.
He’s scheduled to return to court for a status conference on March 13.
Martinez-Guzman is being held without bail in the county jail. He’s expected to be appointed a public defender to represent him.
He agreed to postpone a preliminary hearing Friday in Carson City where he still faces burglary and other charges tied to property stolen from some of the victims.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Winter storm could bring 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe during Presidents Day weekend