Trial in Stateline hotel murder delayed
October 17, 2018
The trial of a homeless man in connection with a stabbing murder in a Stateline hotel room has been delayed until Nov. 26.
Jose Rodriguez-Quezada is accused of killing a Reno man and taking his vehicle.
According to a transcript of testimony before the grand jury, Edwards had been stabbed or slashed 30 times when his body was found seated in a hotel room chair by cleaning staff.
Deputies at the scene reported blood on the walls and furniture in disarray after what appeared to be a violent struggle.
Edwards' BMW was missing from the hotel and was the subject of a regional search. It was found three days later in Wadsworth.
Recommended Stories For You
Rodriguez-Quezada was arrested Nov. 20 near the ranch operated by the University of Nevada, Reno, on East McCarran Boulevard after police discovered he had a concealed weapon.
Rodriguez-Quezada, a previously deported felon, is in the U.S. illegally.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Sierra House Elementary School classroom sustains ‘major damage’ in fire
- South Lake Tahoe Police Department IDs detectives in officer-involved shooting
- Missing Alpine County hiker’s body found at base of cliff
- Rain, snow in forecast for Lake Tahoe; expect Thanksgiving travel delays in northern Sierra
- Rollover on US 50 near Cave Rock
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- 9 Lake Tahoe restaurants serving Thanksgiving Day dinner
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort changes opening day from Wednesday to Saturday