Truckee fire truck stolen, involved in collision shortly after
January 10, 2019
A fully marked Truckee Fire battalion truck was reported stolen on Monday morning, and by noon it had reportedly been crashed.
At 11:34 a.m. the driver of the truck was involved in a collision on State Route 89 south and Sequoia Avenue in Tahoe City, according to California Highway Patrol Officer Pete Mann.
The collision resulted in minor injuries to one other driver.
The driver of the fire truck has been taken into custody and her name has not yet been released.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Two dead in Topaz Lake boating incident
- $10,000 reward offered in Douglas County homicides
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office dedicates hotline to tips regarding homicides
- South Lake Tahoe police: Man arrested after attempting to steal off-duty firefighter’s car
- Truckee fire truck stolen, involved in collision shortly after
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- Lake Tahoe weather: Several feet of snow possible at Lake Tahoe this week
- Sierra Avalanche Center issues backcountry avalanche watch for Lake Tahoe region
- Blizzard warning issued for Lake Tahoe high country
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways