Two dead in Topaz Lake boating incident
January 14, 2019
Authorities have recovered two bodies from Topaz Lake where a small boat capsized Saturday afternoon.
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office recovered the body of Bert Pederson, 45, of Sparks, according to information released on Sunday.
The body of Jesse Gregory, 50, of Sparks was found at 1:30 p.m. by the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine 7 and SAR units, the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Specialized Vehicle Unit (SUV) and their HASTY Dive Team, and Wardens from the Nevada Department of Wildlife. Gregory's body was found in 22 feet of water.
A third person, Scott Wise, also was involved. He was released from Carson Valley Medical Center after treatment.
Nevada Department of Wildlife will update the incident when information becomes available.
This is the third drowning-related incident at Topaz Lake in the last seven years.
Recommended Stories For You
A Fort Bragg woman died in June 2015, and a Topaz man died after his vehicle rolled into the lake in March 2012.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- $10,000 reward offered in Douglas County homicides
- Two dead in Topaz Lake boating incident
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office dedicates hotline to tips regarding homicides
- South Lake Tahoe police: Man arrested after attempting to steal off-duty firefighter’s car
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- UPDATE: Douglas County homicides determined not related to El Dorado case
- Sierra Avalanche Center issues backcountry avalanche watch for Lake Tahoe region