Two men arrested trafficking methamphetamine and cocaine
November 24, 2017
Two men were arrested Sunday, Nov. 19, in a traffic stop on suspicion of trafficking methamphetamine and cocaine.
Clinton A. Neely of Gardnerville, 34, and Patrick MacRoberts of South Lake Tahoe, 45, were arrested in the 700 block of Raab Court after Douglas County deputies conducted a traffic stop on a suspicious vehicle. The dark sedan was reported as a suspicious vehicle earlier in the day and officers observed it traveling westbound with both tail lights out. Deputies conducted a traffic stop at the intersection of Yellow Jacket Lane and Blue Rock Road. According to reports, officers recognized Neely, the driver, from previous law enforcement contacts.
Neely did not have a valid drivers license on him, but did present the officers with valid insurance. Upon contacting the driver, officers smelled alcohol. The passenger, MacRoberts told officers he had been drinking and also admitted to having a warrant. Neely gave officers permission to search the vehicle, but not the backpacks they had in the vehicle. According to reports, they found cocaine, methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia. This gave them probable cause to search the backpacks. Deputies allegedly found more methamphetamine and paraphernalia. The total cocaine found within the vehicle weighed 7 grams, the total methamphetamine found weighed 8.3 grams, according to the sheriff's report.
MacRoberts is on probation. He was arrested on charges of probation violation, trafficking cocaine and methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia, two outside warrants and possession of a controlled substance. His bail is set at $59,649.
Neely was arrested on charges of no tail lights, no valid drivers license, possession of drug paraphernalia, trafficking methamphetamine and possession of a hypodermic needle. His bail is set at $101,559.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Authorities ID man who may have drowned in Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Missing hiker found after spending night in Lake Tahoe backcountry
- Two sought in bear spray robbery at Lake Tahoe casino
- Sheriff’s office: Body of missing kayaker recovered from Lake Tahoe near Emerald Bay
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89