Two sought in bear spray robbery at Lake Tahoe casino
September 7, 2018
A couple is being sought in connection with an Aug. 21 robbery at a Stateline casino where the perpetrators used bear repellent on the victim.
Douglas County Sheriff’s Office investigators are asking for the public’s assistance in identifying those involved in the incident at the Hard Rock Casino.
"The woman met the victim on the casino floor and proceeded up to his hotel room," Sgt. Bernadette Smith said.
"She then left the room to get her 'uncle,' who was sleeping in a vehicle in an unknown location."
Smith said the pair went back to the victim’s room where the victim was assaulted and sprayed with bear repellent. They took approximately $2,300 dollars in cash from the victim and exited the casino on foot toward California.
A reward is being offered to anyone with information leading to the arrest and/or conviction of the suspect(s). Your identity is not needed and you will remain anonymous.
Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to call DCSO Dispatch at 775-782-5126 or Douglas County Secret Witness at: 775-78-CRIME (775-782-7463) or DCSO Investigations at 775-782-9905. Reference case number 18SO24901.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors
- Missing Alpine County hiker’s body found at base of cliff
- Law enforcement searching for suspect in Stateline vehicle theft
- South Lake Tahoe Police Department IDs detectives in officer-involved shooting
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- Backcountry skier rescued near Mount Tallac after falling over 200 feet (video)
- Realtor group vows to stay involved, looks ‘forward to continued discussion’ following passage of Measure T
- Lake Tahoe weather: Sunny conditions through weekend, snow possible next week
- South Lake Tahoe clerk: No recount request for Measure T