Two sought in bear spray robbery at Lake Tahoe casino
September 7, 2018
A couple is being sought in connection with an Aug. 21 robbery at a Stateline casino where the perpetrators used bear repellent on the victim.
Douglas County Sheriff’s Office investigators are asking for the public’s assistance in identifying those involved in the incident at the Hard Rock Casino.
"The woman met the victim on the casino floor and proceeded up to his hotel room," Sgt. Bernadette Smith said.
"She then left the room to get her 'uncle,' who was sleeping in a vehicle in an unknown location."
Smith said the pair went back to the victim’s room where the victim was assaulted and sprayed with bear repellent. They took approximately $2,300 dollars in cash from the victim and exited the casino on foot toward California.
A reward is being offered to anyone with information leading to the arrest and/or conviction of the suspect(s). Your identity is not needed and you will remain anonymous.
Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to call DCSO Dispatch at 775-782-5126 or Douglas County Secret Witness at: 775-78-CRIME (775-782-7463) or DCSO Investigations at 775-782-9905. Reference case number 18SO24901.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Winter storm could bring 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe during Presidents Day weekend