Two sought in bear spray robbery at Lake Tahoe casino
September 7, 2018
A couple is being sought in connection with an Aug. 21 robbery at a Stateline casino where the perpetrators used bear repellent on the victim.
Douglas County Sheriff’s Office investigators are asking for the public’s assistance in identifying those involved in the incident at the Hard Rock Casino.
"The woman met the victim on the casino floor and proceeded up to his hotel room," Sgt. Bernadette Smith said.
"She then left the room to get her 'uncle,' who was sleeping in a vehicle in an unknown location."
Smith said the pair went back to the victim’s room where the victim was assaulted and sprayed with bear repellent. They took approximately $2,300 dollars in cash from the victim and exited the casino on foot toward California.
A reward is being offered to anyone with information leading to the arrest and/or conviction of the suspect(s). Your identity is not needed and you will remain anonymous.
Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to call DCSO Dispatch at 775-782-5126 or Douglas County Secret Witness at: 775-78-CRIME (775-782-7463) or DCSO Investigations at 775-782-9905. Reference case number 18SO24901.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Authorities ID man who may have drowned in Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Missing hiker found after spending night in Lake Tahoe backcountry
- Two sought in bear spray robbery at Lake Tahoe casino
- Sheriff’s office: Body of missing kayaker recovered from Lake Tahoe near Emerald Bay
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89