UPDATE: Washoe County deputy arrests suspect in Incline Village bank robbery
August 26, 2018
Law enforcement arrested a suspect accused of robbing a bank in Incline Village Friday.
Greg Roberts, 48, was arrested Friday after a sheriff’s deputy spotted him on Mount Rose Highway.
He was charged with robbery and drug possession, according to the sheriff’s office.
Law enforcement responded to a reported robbery at the Wells Fargo in Incline Village around 10 a.m. Friday.
Surveillance video showed a suspect enter the bank wearing a baseball cap, sunglasses and a black mask covering his entire head.
He then fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of cash before deputies arrived, according to investigators. The FBI was brought in to assist with the investigation.
Recommended Stories For You
A court date has not been set, according to inmate info on the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office website. It is unclear if he has an attorney.
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Sierra House Elementary School classroom sustains ‘major damage’ in fire
- South Lake Tahoe Police Department IDs detectives in officer-involved shooting
- Missing Alpine County hiker’s body found at base of cliff
- Rain, snow in forecast for Lake Tahoe; expect Thanksgiving travel delays in northern Sierra
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Rollover on US 50 near Cave Rock
- 9 Lake Tahoe restaurants serving Thanksgiving Day dinner
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort changes opening day from Wednesday to Saturday