Deep fryer lights fire in Meyers | TahoeDailyTribune.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Deep fryer lights fire in Meyers

Tribune staff report

An electric deep fryer left on a deck is believed to be the cause of a Thursday morning structure fire in Meyers.

About 2:40 a.m. firefighters from South Lake Tahoe Fire Department and Lake Valley Fire Protection District responded to a report of a deck on fire on the 2400 block of Blitzen Road. Firefighters arrived on scene and were able to quickly extinguish the fire, according to a statement from the district.

The fire went through a wall of the house and into the building’s attic, while also damaging power lines, according to the statement.

Residents of the home were alerted to the fire by their smoke detectors, according to the district.

Damage costs are still being estimated.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

For tax deductible donations, click here.

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User