Donate to Haiti
• Members of the South Lake Tahoe Rotary Club are banding together to send help to Haiti. President Dick Derby sent an e-mail asking members to bring a $100 donation to the club’s meeting next week. “These people are in need of our help,” Derby wrote.
• People can donate to Haitian earthquake relief while shopping at Raley’s. Raley’s will give 100 percent donations made from Saturday through Feb. 13 to the American Red Cross.
• The Safeway Foundation will make an initial contribution of $200,000 to the American Red Cross and UNICEF. Stores throughout the United States and Canada will collect donations for Haiti Disaster Relief through a checkstand program.
• Organizing aid to Haiti? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Red Cross International Response Fund: 1-800-RED-CROSS or http://www.utahredcross.org. Donate $10 automatically via text message by sending the text message “Haiti” to 90999.
• International Rescue Committee: http://www.theirc.org/donate/donate-now-haiti or call 1-877-REFUGEE.
• Catholic Relief Services: http://www.catholicrelief.org
• Church World Service: (Relief ministry of 35 Protestant, Orthodox and Anglican denominations of the National Council of Churches.) http://www.churchworldservice.org
• Doctors Without Borders: (Has 800 medical staffers in Haiti and is working to re-establish an operating surgical center.) donate.doctorswithoutborders.org
• Partners in Health: (A medical relief organization headquartered in the U.S. that has nine hospitals/clinics in Haiti.) http://www.pih.org/home.html
• InterAction has a list of agencies responding and how to donate to them. Find it here: http://www.interaction.org/crisis-list/earthquake-haiti
• USAID: http://www.usaid.gov/
• To find out how to help the International Rescue Committee, visit http://www.theIRC.org or call toll free, 1-877-REFUGEE.
• To donate through Oxfam’s emergency appeal, visit http://www.oxfam.org.uk
• Google’s service: haiticrisis.appspot.com
• CrisisCamps: bit.ly/5OSSAL
• Mapping of text messages: haiti.ushahidi.com
• OpenStreetMap: bit.ly/67MDM9
• U.S. State Department: tinyurl.com/y9pc77p
• A Haiti disaster response portal: haiti.sahanafoundation.org
• American Red Cross: Text “HAITI” to 90999 to donate $10
• The Yele Haiti Foundation created by musician Wyclef Jean: Text “YELE” to 501501 to donate $5
• The William J. Clinton Foundation: Text “HAITI” to 20222 to donate $10.
• The Rescue Union Mission and MedCorp International: Text “HAITI” to 85944 to donate $10
• To donate via iTunes, where you can make donations in larger amounts, go to http://www.apple.com and look for the “Help Haiti earthquake victims” section
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
It’s time to secure outdoor loose furniture, decorations and garbage cans because high winds are aimed at Lake Tahoe for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.