Early morning fire scorches hot tub | TahoeDailyTribune.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Early morning fire scorches hot tub

Mandy Feder
mfeder@tahoedailytribune.com
A fire on Seminole Way was knocked down by Tahoe Douglas firefighters before the inside of the home was damaged.
Photo courtesy of Tahoe Douglas Fire District |

A structure fire on Seminole Way in Zephyr Cove was reported at 4:48 a.m. Monday. Passersby noticed the blaze and woke the residents in the home. The fire was extinguished rapidly by Tahoe Douglas Fire Department. The point of origin appeared to be at the hot tub, according to Tahoe Douglas Fire Marshal Eric Guevin. The fire was contained to the exterior of the home burning the outside panels. The hot tub melted around the edges to the water line. The cover also burned causing excessive smoke, Guevin said. There were no injuries reported. The incident is under investigation.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

For tax deductible donations, click here.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User