Fall caregiver series begins in October
The El Dorado Family Caregiver Support Program will begin its 2010 Fall Caregiver Series of classes from 1-3 p.m. Oct. 11 at Embassy Suites, 4130 Lake Tahoe Blvd. Learn about local community resources for the
aging and reliable online health information Linda Dean, El Dorado County, and Alison Clement, Marshall Medical Community Health Library.
Upcoming classes include:
– Oct. 18: Tapping Into Wellness with Rosemary Manning: Learn how to clear emotional blocks that hold you back from having a loving caregiving relationship and healthy lifestyle.
– Oct. 25: Maintaining Your Brain: How to live a brain-healthy lifestyle, with Vicki Lebsack of the Alzheimer’s Association.
– Nov. 1: Talking To Your Doctor: Learn how to make the most of your medical appointments and how to get the explanations you need, with Terry Mc Peek, RN.
– Nov. 8; Understanding Aging: An in-depth look at the nature of the normal aging process and its effects on anatomy and physiology, with Larry Dawes, geriatric care manager.
– Nov. 15: Caregiver’s Guide to Nutrition: Explore a wide variety of issues related to nutritional needs of individuals experiencing a chronic, physical or cognitive decline, with Suzanne Anderson, RD.
Free in-home respite care is qualified caregivers.
To register, call the El Dorado County Family Caregiver Support Program at 530-621-6151 or 800-510-2020.