Feds slate $57.2 million in housing aid for Nevada | TahoeDailyTribune.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Feds slate $57.2 million in housing aid for Nevada

LAS VEGAS (AP) – The Treasury Department says the federal government is allocating $57.2 million more for “Hardest Hit Fund” foreclosure-prevention programs in Nevada.

The agency said Wednesday the Nevada Affordable Housing Assistance Corporation also gained approval to use $34.1 million in previously allocated funds to expand options for unemployed homeowners struggling to make mortgage payments.

Treasury financial stability official Herb Allison says the new funding brings to $194 million the amount allocated to Nevada since President Obama announced the Hardest Hit Fund during a February visit to Las Vegas.

The program is the Housing Finance Agency Innovation Fund for the Hardest Hit Housing Markets.

It aims to avoid foreclosures by funding mortgage modification programs and people who cant afford house payments. It also provides aid to facilitate short sales.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

For tax deductible donations, click here.

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User