Firefighters quench vehicle blaze | TahoeDailyTribune.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Firefighters quench vehicle blaze

Jim Grant/Tahoe Daily TribuneFirefighters deal with a vehicle blaze in front of Super 8 Motel on Friday afternoon.
ALL |

A Jeep Cherokee equipped with a snowplow burst into flames in front of Super 8 Motel on Friday afternoon. South Lake Tahoe firefighters arrived at 1:44 p.m. and extinguished the engine fire without a problem. The fire started because of a gasoline leak at the carburetor, said Division Chief Bill Gilliland. Firefighters attacked the blaze from an angle that kept heat from the fire away from a gasoline tanker. The tanker was stuck in the snow about 30 feet from the burning 1979 Cherokee.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

For tax deductible donations, click here.

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User